Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Jack Boot

Character sheet
Job: Journalist for "Murtlap Today" & Wandmaker
Wand: Red Oak Wood, Thestral Core
Bloodtype : Mixedblood

PostSubject: Re: Now is Never Enough   Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:31 am

Jack was good at reading people. Even if he wasn't though, it would be obvious that Melody was battling some sort of horrible internal demon. It was what these weeks did. They brought out the best and the worst and opened up the wounds that should never be opened up. But at the end, everything was brighter and new. Jack only ever altered his mind once. He remembered the alteration but not what was altered. Ailey taught him to alter his - so hers was changed too, and together, they lost a memory to the strangeness of the world. Where did lost memories even go?

As he watched Melody struggling, Jack could not help but be reach forward to take her hand in his. Her hands were small in his, but they were rougher than he expected, and he knew that she was a woman who had seen a lot. His own hands were calloused and worn from years of dueling, tricking, and fighting. There was a period of five years when all he wanted was to rid the world of everything that was evil. He grew up hearing about the horrors of Voldemort and his followers. And now the Ministry was some sort of evil in itself wrapped in an exterior of good will and peace. All they wanted was control. Control over the way everyone thought, over what they wrote, and how they acted towards the Ministry. It was there way of making sure that someone like Voldemort never arose again, but they were turning into some mutant form of himself.

"The only person you're hurting is yourself," Jack responded, rubbing his thumb over the back of Melody's hand. "You're bringing peace to the world. You are giving your everything." A memory filled Jack's mind. He was in his seventh year at Hogwarts and Melody was in her fourth. Hogwarts decided to be host to the Triwizard Tournament again after seven years of relative peace and quiet. It was a diplomatic strategy. He was badly injured and in St. Mungo's for six months. When he woke up - Ailey was by his side, with none other than Melody. Ailey, his shining light, who did nothing than believe in him during his worst time ever, was fueled by Melody's optimism and support. Together the two of them saved him.

"Melody, you bring nothing but love to this world."
He held her hands tighter as his dark eyes looked into her light. "Look at you - bringing everyone together so they can be healed. These things," he said, gesturing around with his elbows. "Don't just happen randomly. Everyone is brought here this weekend for a reason. Everyone needs to heal. And you... you are doing that."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MordredSantos

Character sheet
Job: None
Wand: Redwood Phoenix Feather Core 14 1/2
Bloodtype : Pureblood

PostSubject: Re: Now is Never Enough   Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:18 am

Mordred thought for a long time before he spoke. He wanted to phrase everything he was thinking just right. This was the first time in his life where he had to answer such an important and big question in such a huge moment. He did not want to screw up. Especially not with Ailey. "Well," Mordred started. He took a deep breath and pulled his thoughts together again. "there are a few reasons why." Mordred said preparing to speak. "I will try my best to explain them each in a way that... that you can really see what I mean." Mordred explained. Mordred had never done anything like this before so he hoped he didn't screw it up.

"Reason number one," He took another quick breath. "You saved me." She said softly. "When I was unconscious in St. Mungo's after that horrible attack from Tony... Mel was done. She was ready to give up completely. She had done absolutely everything but I was still too weak to come back. I could hear her speaking and sobbing. So much crying... all hours of the day. The things she wanted to do..." Mordred had to take a small breath to stop himself from crying. "She was desperate for two things. Either me waking up, or my pain ending in the least painful way possible." Mordred went on. "But then, she went away. I didn't hear her for a while." Mordred couldn't help but smile a little bit. "But when she came back, I heard that her bestest friend had given birth to, and I quote, two beautiful baby girls." Mordred smiled again. "Melody was full of so much hope and optimism because, and I quote again, Ailey has once again filled me with light and courage to do what I need to do. She gives me an inner strength that I can't find anywhere else. You helped save me, Ailey. Without you, I don't think I would be here and after what I learned yesterday, I hate to think about where my little sister would be." Mordred explained.

"Reason 2, is because of what I just explained. Your love for my little sister." Mordred smiled a little again and took a moment to breathe. He hadn't talked this much at once since he was first settled in his flat. "Every time I see Mel, she talks about you. All the things that you have done for her. I hear something new every single time. Sometimes it's from the distant past, sometimes it's something you just did for her, and sometimes it's something you said you would do for her. Either way, she always speaks positively of you." Mordred said happily. "She told me about the day you met, and how since then she has lived every day of her life a happier person. I've seen her ups and downs in the short five months I've been here, but there isn't one I haven't seen her go through where she doesn't speak of you, her best friend." Mordred could go on and on about how much Melody loved Ailey. He had never seen such beautiful and unique love before and he was very happy that he would get to see it around him for the rest of his life.

"And the last reason that has stood out to me, is... well because you're you." Mordred was that wasn't very clear. He quickly cleared his throat before speaking again. "Besides my twenty years with Tony, yesterday was one of the scariest days of my life." Mordred sighed a little before speaking again. "I thought I was finally starting to understand the world. One world of apparently many and then... all this new stuff that I had never heard of before." Mordred held back a few tears but stayed calm and collected. "I guess there is a lot more I do not. I do not know if I will ever learn it, but that is not the point." He stated. "The point is, that the simple clarification you gave me last night about the bottles you brought was more important than you know." Mordred explained. "Everything I see is so new. And everything has more things behind it and those things have things and it seems to be endless. But you made it clear and simple. You gave me knowledge. You taught me something. You helped me learn something about this crazy and complicated world. That is why I am so kind to you."

Mordred smiled sincerely and brushed a few fallen hair strands out of Ailey's face. He wiped away a few tears and smiled bigger than he had in quite a long time. He felt Ailey rest her head against his chest. He gently placed his hand on the back of her head and brushed his fingers through his hair. "You'll never be alone again." Mordred whispered softly. He wrapped his arms around Ailey tightly, but not too tight. Just enough that it felt like a big comforting hug. He wanted to be there for Ailey. He could tell she was in pain. He saw a look in her eyes that he had in his every day for a countless amount of time. He wanted that look and pain to go away. He was still working on getting it away himself, but he figured if they could somehow do it together, maybe it would be a little easier.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MordredSantos

Character sheet
Job: None
Wand: Redwood Phoenix Feather Core 14 1/2

PostSubject: Re: Now is Never Enough   Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:49 am

Last edited by MordredSantos on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I totally just didn't post Mel's response as Mordred.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MelodySantos
Admin

Character sheet
Job: Healer of Spell Damage
Wand: Hazel wood with a phoenix feather core, 12 ½" and reasonably supple flexibility

PostSubject: Re: Now is Never Enough   Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:53 am

Melody felt Jack grab her hands. She wasn't expecting him to do that, but she didn't fight it. Human contact is exactly what she needed right now. Even if it wasn't from who she wanted it to be, it was better than sitting there alone with only herself. She honestly didn't know what he would say. She hadn't seem him or even heard from him in years. She didn't know what had happened in his life or what he went through... Obviously something if he had a child back at home. Melody had taken two people away from their children and families and why? All because she wanted to remember her childhood.

Melody listened to Jack's words carefully, still avoiding eye contact. She couldn't bear to look into those dark eyes. She remembered the amazing look they offered and she couldn't have that kind of break down right now. All she could do was listen to him speak his first few words. Out of habit, she accidentally looked up at him. And as she expected, tears immediately filled her eyes. She didn't feel like much of a light. She felt like the biggest burden the world could offer. "That was my intention to have them healed, but now-" Melody felt herself beginning to cry again. "I screwed up. I screwed up bad." She said under her breath hoping Jack wouldn't hear. She held his hand tightly, forgetting how wonderful it was when he was in her life.

Melody didn't want to argue with Jack, but she needed answers. She needed to understand why he thought that way. "If the only thing I bring is love, then why is everyone here miserable?" She asked. "And it's only going to get worse from here." Her voice started to crack a little. She tried to clear her throat and swallow to stop the tears but one nasty little tear escaped from her eye. "I've brought so much misery into this household that my best friend can't even eat." Melody said with tears forming in her eyes. "I found her in a state worse than I had ever seen before and why? Because I took her away. That is all on me." Melody wiped away a few tears. "All the misery that everyone is going through and will go through is all on me because I wanted to remember bits of pieces of five years of my life- something I can live without. But I took them away from their lives and families to help." Melody sighed and wiped away another tear. "They've given me the world and do you know what I'm giving them? Pain and fear." Melody looked away from Jack knowing that he would be disappointed in what she was saying, but it was the truth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Now is Never Enough   

Back to top Go down

Now is Never Enough
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Adventures of Ailody :: Topics-
Jump to: